Bowen Training Australia – BTA
Bowen Training Australia is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) (TOid 41134) and incorporated association whose members comprise all currently registered Bowtech Instructors in Australia. With more than thirty Instructors around Australia, classes are offered in a variety of areas and at times and intervals to suit student/practitioner needs.
For more information about who we are, please download our BTA – Who we are information sheet.
BTA Instructors are the only Bowen Instructors licensed by Bowtech / Bowen Therapy Academy of Australia to provide Bowen – ‘the Original Bowen Technique’ training.
Within the association Bowen Training Australia, various sub committees have been formed to harness individual Instructors skills for the benefit of the whole and take Bowenwork and Bowen education into an exciting future. With an education and training committee to develop further teaching resources and oversee the development of new courses/workshops, and a research committee to archive research material and provide access to new developments via the Blog facility on this website, it is an exciting opportunity for all students and practitioners who are associated with us.
BTA Instructors are dedicated to delivering a quality teaching experience …………………………………………………………………….
Your BTA Instructor
All BTA/Bowtech Instructors have completed extensive training prior to becoming an Instructor. The BTA/Bowtech Instructor Training Program takes the Instructor through a series of stages from Certificate IV Instructor to Diploma Instructor. It is also a requirement that Instructors have had a minimum of three years experience in clinical practice.
BTA Instructors are also required to continually upgrade their teaching qualifications, currently the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
A continuing education process specifically for Instructors is also provided to ensure a professional standard of teaching is maintained and that all Instructors are kept abreast of latest developments. Attendance at regular Instructor Meetings is compulsory.
BTA Instructors are encouraged to continually explore the ever developing knowledge in the bodywork and ‘soft tissue’ arena and develop workshops or incorporate the new knowledge into the various courses they present.
BTA Instructors – teaching you a therapy they love
BTA Bowen classes
A full range of courses, for the new student through to the experienced practitioner is offered by BTA Instructors. These courses include:
- an Introduction to Bowenwork
- the nationally recognised courses specific to Australia, Certificate IV in Bowen Therapy (10533NAT) and Diploma of Specialised Bowen Therapy (10534NAT)
- an extensive Continuing Education program including Practitioner Days which address clinical issues related to the procedures addressed, Special Revision Days based around a specific topic of interest and a Workshop program which is designed to expand the practitioner’s knowledge and understanding of Bowtech Bowenwork in a new or innovative way to enhance practitioner clinical skills.
For a quality classroom experience:
- maximum class sizes are set to ensure individual attention for students
- classroom aids are utilised where appropriate e.g. powerpoint, video
- two Instructors will often team teach to enhance student learning
And for convenience, should you miss a class somewhere or have a prior commitment on a scheduled class day, you can pick it up with any of our Instructors at a location and date to suit you.
BTA Instructors deliver a quality classroom experience