“Love what you do and do what you love.”Ray BradburyAuthor
The nationally recognised Certificate IV in Bowen Therapy 10533NAT allows you to learn this gentle modality to address the most varied of clients’ needs, and begin a new career as a qualified practitioner!
With a qualification that allows graduates to tailor their work environment and is Industry approved across Australia, what’s stopping you?
Completion of the only nationally recognised Bowen course offered in Australia*, allows you to feel secure that our courses have been consistently upgraded to meet the high quality standards of education in Australia.
Areas covered in this course:
- Bowen therapy techniques
- The structures & workings of the human body
- Musculoskeletal dysfunctions
- Bowen Therapy and body systems
- Stress management procedures
- Working with sports and movement disciplines
- Treating a broad selection of conditions
- The role of Fascia within the body
- Working with newborns & children
- Adapt practices to the individual e.g. ‘seated’, cultural aspects
- Work on skin or light clothing
- Health management
- Operating a Bowen Therapy business
The course is a blend of distance learning and practical in-class learning.
Here at BTA, we know that life can get busy. The Certificate IV in Bowen Therapy has been designed with flexible study plans to enable you to study whilst managing your other commitments!
Our dedicated Student Services team are here to guide you through your Bowen journey, alongside our experienced BTA Instructors.
View Units of Competency
Certificate IV in Bowen Therapy 10533NAT
- HLTAAP002 Confirm physical health status
- HLTCOM408D Use specific health terminology to communicate effectively
- CHCCOM006 Establish and manage client relationships
- CHCPRP005 Engage with health professionals and the health system
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- BOWWOR400A Work within a Bowen Therapy framework
- BOWASS401A Perform Bowen Therapy health assessment
- BOWAPP402A Apply Bowen Therapy assessment framework
- BOWPLA403A Plan the Bowen Therapy treatment
- BOWPRO404A Provide Bowen Therapy treatment
- BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
HLTAID003 Apply first aid*
*PLEASE NOTE: Apply First Aid must be completed through an External Provider. This unit is not offered by BTA.
- No prior bodywork experience required
- 18 years or over
- Australian Resident
- Have sound language, literacy and numeracy skills (at least Year 10 English, or equivalent)
- Internet Access
- Microsoft Word 10 or higher
- Adobe Reader to open and read .pdf documents
- Basic computer skills
Fees & Duration
Course Duration: Minimum of 12 months and a maximum of 18 months
Course Fees: $5,445 – Get in touch for the full course brochure and cost breakdown.
- No upfront costs
- Pay As You Go, where you only pay for the module(s) you enrol into. This spreads your total course cost over 12-18 months.
Centrelink funding available to those who are eligible
- Join an established business as a Bowen Therapist
- Establish your own private Bowen practice
- Already a health practitioner? This Bowen qualification allows you to specialise in patient comfort. Health professionals who have completed the Bowen course include:
- Remedial Massage Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Palliative Care
- Registered Nurses and Midwives