Fine-tune your process of selecting Bowen procedures through the use of muscular assessments. Functional Manual Muscle Testing is a series of 3 workshops, each looking at a specific area of the body; the lower body, upper body and trunk.
- Lower Body
- Upper Body
- Trunk – Advanced + Review
Learn how to assess muscle tension, isolate muscle dysfunction and tailor professional treatments to individual clients in a clinical environment.
Develop a greater understanding of human anatomy and function – more specifically in relation to the identification of structures relevant to practical application. Gain insight into adjoining structures that are influenced by targeted movements through information laid down within the soft tissues of the body that will ultimately affect structure and function.
These workshops explore:
- A deeper understanding of anatomy and muscle function to inform treatment protocols from a muscle-balance perspective (including the potential effects of imbalance)
- Fine-tuning procedure selection through muscular assessments
- Optimal Bowen protocols to facilitate the best overall treatment outcome
- Enhancing general knowledge, confidence and competence in performing functional muscle assessments in a clinical setting
- Revision of relevant Bowtech Bowen procedures
- Introduction of new assessment tools supported by relevant theoretical material
- Functional manual muscle testing demonstrations and practice
- Written assessment with continual observation and guidance throughout
Learn more here.
It was my pleasure to attend Kristin North’s Functional Manual Muscle Testing/Upper Body for Bowen.
Learning how to isolate individual muscle dysfunction is crucial to best practice in client support. As a practitioner this knowledge contributes greatly to my confidence when customising the Bowen moves required, writing a follow-up letter with their General Practitioner if needed, and informing my clients in the interests of their best follow-up care and our plan for upcomingappointments.
Prior to my Bowen training my career was in corporate marketing and professional writing. This background has enabled me to scale my Bowen practice to open a Wellness Centre and manage a team of practitioners in Life coaching, Reflexology, Physiotherapy, Psychology, and movement practitioners. Working alongside these practitioners has put professionalism and best client care in the front of mind. I looked for gaps in my knowledge and one of the crucial gaps was in being able to identify individual muscle dysfunction.
At this point in my developing career I must continuously look for the gaps in my knowledge and Functional Manual Muscle Testing and those courses like it are supporting me, so I may be the best practitioner I can be.
Thank you Kristin for sharing your considerable expertise and to Bowen Training Australia for elevating these extraordinary instructors like Kristin.
–Carla Hutchinson-Reade, The Wellness Centre Townsville
Presented By: Kristin North
Pre-requisite: Open to all Bowen students and practitioners
Duration: 2 days per workshop
Continuing Education Units: 16 hours per workshop – Category 1