Certificate IV in Bowen Therapy 10846NAT
What is a Certificate IV in Bowen Therapy?
Interested in learning Bowen Therapy?
Perhaps you’re already working in the health industry as a naturopath, massage therapist, nurse, midwife, chiropractor, or similar, and would like to add Bowen Therapy to your toolkit. Or maybe you’re new to holistic health and looking for a fresh start in this fast-growing industry. Regardless, you’ve probably had a positive experience with this gentle, soft-tissue modality, and are keen to share it with the world.
What is Bowen Therapy?
- Certificate IV in Bowen Therapy 10846NAT
Next start date
“Studying the Certificate IV in Bowen Therapy in 2019 has opened the doors to many opportunities for me. It was a well-paced course with an experienced instructor. Learning the Bowen Technique in a small group meant that we were well-supported. I was so impressed and excited about the future that I have furthered my study and completed the Diploma of Specialised Bowen Therapy. I can highly recommend this training and understand now what it means to “trust the process!"”Rhonda Eather – Roving Bowen TherapyCert IV & Diploma graduate
About the course
Completion of the only nationally recognised Bowen course offered in Australia*, allows you to feel secure that our courses have been consistently upgraded to meet the high quality standards of education in Australia.
Graduates of the Certificate IV in Bowen Therapy 10846NAT can join Bowen Association Australia as a Full Member.
Areas covered in this course:
- -Bowen therapy techniques
- -The structures & workings of the human body
- -Musculoskeletal dysfunctions
- -Bowen therapy and body systems
- -Stress management procedures
- -Working with sports and movement disciplines
- -Treating a broad range of conditions
- -The role of fascia within the body
- -Working with newborns & children
- -Adapting practices to individual needs e.g. ‘seated’ Bowen therapy, cultural aspects
- -Working on the skin or through light clothing
- -Health management
- -Operating a Bowen therapy business
The course is a blend of distance learning and practical in-class learning.
Here at BTA, we know that life can get busy. The Certificate IV in Bowen Therapy 10846NAT has been designed with flexible study plans to enable you to study whilst managing your other commitments!
View Units of CompetencyCertificate IV in Bowen Therapy 10846NAT
- -NAT10846002 Perform Bowen therapy assessment
- -NAT10846003 Perform Bowen therapy treatments
- -BSBTWK201 Work effectively with others
- -HLTAAP002 Confirm physical health status
- -BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology
- -NAT10846001 Work within a Bowen therapy framework
- -HLTINF006 Apply basic principles and practices of infection prevention and control
- -HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- -BSBESB401 Research and develop business plans
- -CHCCOM006 Establish and manage client relationships
- -CHCPRP005 Engage with health professionals and the health system
- -HLTAID011 Provide first aid*
*PLEASE NOTE: Provide First Aid must be completed through an External Provider. This unit is not offered by BTA.
- No prior bodywork experience required
- No prior anatomy knowledge required
- Applicants must
- -be aged 18 years or over
- -be an Australian Resident
- -have sound language, literacy, and numeracy skills (at least Year 10 English, or equivalent)
- USI – Unique Student Identifier
- Internet access
- Microsoft Office (2013 or later)
- Adobe Reader to open and read .pdf documents
- Access to a camera or smart phone that can produce short videos
- Basic computer skills
Fees & durationCourse Duration: Minimum of 12 months and a maximum of 18 months
Course Fees: $6,200 – Get in touch here for the full course brochure and cost breakdown, including our flexible payment options.
- No upfront costs
- Pay As You Go, where you only pay for the module(s) you enrol into. This spreads your total course cost over 12-18 months.
Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers Program
The Australian Government provides up to $2,000 (incl. GST) to co-fund training to help mature-age Australians to update their skills and remain in the workforce longer.
You may be eligible if you are:
- Aged 40 years and over
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Currently employed and at risk of entering the income support system, or
- -recently unemployed (within twelve months) and not registered with an Australian Government employment services provider such as jobactive or Disability Employment Services.
- have completed a Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers (Program) assessment that identified training opportunities that were included in the Career Plan.
Click here for more information about how to apply.
Centrelink funding is available to those who are eligible.
Career opportunities & salary potential
Career Oppotunities & Salary Potential
- Join an established business/clinic as a Bowen therapist
- Establish your own private Bowen practice
- Already a health practitioner? This Bowen qualification allows you to specialise in patient comfort. Health professionals who have completed the Bowen course include:
- -Remedial Massage Therapists
- -Occupational Therapists
- -Palliative Care
- -Registered Nurses and Midwives
How much can you potentially earn working as a Bowen Therapist in Australia?
Click the image below to learn more.
Note that this infographic indicates possible earning potential and is not guaranteed income after graduation.