“Love what you do and do what you love.”Ray BradburyAuthor
The nationally recognised Certificate IV in Bowen Therapy 10846NAT allows you to learn this gentle bodywork modality to address the most varied of clients’ needs, and begin a new career as a qualified Bowen therapist!
With a qualification that is industry-approved in Australia and allows you to tailor your work environment to suit your needs, what’s stopping you? Whether you’re new to holistic health or an established practitioner, Bowen Therapy is a wonderful modality and a great career! This course is suitable for beginner bodyworkers as well as established health practitioners such as nurses, midwives, massage therapists, chiropractors, naturopaths, and more. Our trainers and assessors are Bowen Therapy experts with many years of experience in private practice as Bowen Therapists.
Got more questions? Scroll through the training information below and enter your email address to receive your free course information pack. You can also find a trainer and assessor near you here, visit our FAQ here or contact us here.
Completion of the only nationally recognised Bowen course offered in Australia*, allows you to feel secure that our courses have been consistently upgraded to meet the high quality standards of education in Australia.
Graduates of the Certificate IV in Bowen Therapy 10846NAT can join Bowen Association Australia as a Full Member.
Areas covered in this course:
- Bowen therapy techniques
- The structures & workings of the human body
- Musculoskeletal dysfunctions
- Bowen therapy and body systems
- Stress management procedures
- Working with sports and movement disciplines
- Treating a broad range of conditions
- The role of fascia within the body
- Working with newborns & children
- Adapting practices to individual needs e.g. ‘seated’ Bowen therapy, cultural aspects
- Working on the skin or through light clothing
- Health management
- Operating a Bowen therapy business
The course is a blend of distance learning and practical in-class learning.
Here at BTA, we know that life can get busy. The Certificate IV in Bowen Therapy 10846NAT has been designed with flexible study plans to enable you to study whilst managing your other commitments!
View Units of Competency
Certificate IV in Bowen Therapy 10846NAT
- NAT10846002 Perform Bowen therapy assessment
- NAT10846003 Perform Bowen therapy treatments
- BSBTWK201 Work effectively with others
- HLTAAP002 Confirm physical health status
- BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology
- NAT10846001 Work within a Bowen therapy framework
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- BSBESB401 Research and develop business plans
- CHCCOM006 Establish and manage client relationships
- CHCPRP005 Engage with health professionals and the health system
- HLTAID011 Provide first aid*
*PLEASE NOTE: Provide First Aid must be completed through an External Provider. This unit is not offered by BTA.
- No prior bodywork experience required
- No prior anatomy knowledge required
- Applicants must
- be aged 18 years or over
- be an Australian Resident
- have sound language, literacy, and numeracy skills (at least Year 10 English, or equivalent)
- Internet access
- Microsoft Office (2013 or later)
- Adobe Reader to open and read .pdf documents
- Basic computer skills
Fees & Duration
Course Duration: Minimum of 12 months and a maximum of 18 months
Course Fees: $5,445 – Get in touch for the full course brochure and cost breakdown, including our flexible payment options.
- No upfront costs
- Pay As You Go, where you only pay for the module(s) you enrol into. This spreads your total course cost over 12-18 months.
Centrelink funding available to those who are eligible
Career Opportunities & Salary Potential
- Join an established business/clinic as a Bowen therapist
- Establish your own private Bowen practice
- Already a health practitioner? This Bowen qualification allows you to specialise in patient comfort. Health professionals who have completed the Bowen course include:
- Remedial Massage Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Palliative Care
- Registered Nurses and Midwives
How much can you potentially earn working as a Bowen Therapist in Australia?
Click the image below to learn more.
Note that this infographic indicates possible earning potential and is not guaranteed income after graduation.