Discover a new approach to working with trauma held in the body. Mind Body Bowen can support you to better work with chronic and recurring issues presenting in your clients. You’ll learn about the inherent wisdom and intelligence of the body and the links between the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual aspects of our being, as well as how to prioritise your Bowenwork sessions using the ‘less is best’ principle. Mind Body Bowen is presented by Margaret Spicer and Anne Schubert.
This workshop explores:
- the inherent wisdom/intelligence of the body as it indicates: links between the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual aspects of our being – links to the subtle anatomy of the body, priorities for a Bowenwork session and the ‘less is best’ principle
- body ‘memory’ relating to sensation, tension, contraction and armouring
- the ‘felt sense’ related to awareness and its role in the release of post-traumatic stress
- the effects of birth trauma including pre and post-birth issues. Working with babies and children, plus adults with residual associated emotional and behavioural patterns will be explored.
- short theory sessions are interspersed with practical work
- experience all aspects of the workshop from both a practitioner and client perspective
- gain hands-on experience in honouring and using the wisdom of the innate intelligence of the body to ascertain causation
Mind Body Bowen includes workshop notes.